Our people are important to us. We want to reward hard work and commitment which is why we offer a range of benefits designed to attract, retain and inspire.
Everyone who joins Arden & GEM is guaranteed a salary that matches their ability and responsibilities, and given every opportunity to increase it through training and development. We adhere to the national pay system for the NHS — Agenda for Change — which is for all directly employed staff except doctors and the most senior managers. Staff will normally progress to the next pay point annually until they reach the top of the pay band.
Time to recharge. You will receive at least 27 days holiday entitlement (increasing to 29 days after five years and 33 days after 10 years of service), in addition to bank holidays. We also provide the option of buying or selling annual leave.
Saving for the future is important. All staff automatically become members of the NHS pension plan which is still one of the most generous and comprehensive in the UK. We also provide financial benefits to employees and their families in the event of permanent disability or death in service.
Flexible working and family friendly policies
We want everyone at Arden & GEM to have a healthy work-life balance and have a range of policies in place to support staff wellbeing and wider needs. These include childcare vouchers, schemes for maternity and paternity leave and several other family-friendly policies.
We continually invest in our people by offering a wide range of training programmes. From our dedicated e-learning system and Masterclass programmes, to Continuous Professional Development opportunities and apprenticeship placements, we are committed to help you reach your career aspirations.
Theatre club offers
You can take advantage of discounted theatre tickets, theatre dinner packages and even great offers on London experiences.
Vehicle leasing scheme
We offer our employees the option of having a lease vehicle through a salary sacrifice scheme.
- The Blue Light card provides discounts at many leading high street retailers in return for a small five-year membership fee.
- Health Service Discounts provides a wide range of discounts from holidays to car insurance, mobile phones to fashion with free membership.
Supporting our employees
Arden & GEM’s most important asset is its people, so we provide support across a range of health and wellbeing services:
- Occupational Health provides our people with: -
- Health surveillance
- Pre-placement health screening
- Flu vaccinations
- Talking services (counselling)
- Ill-health retirements
- Education and first aid training
- Our Employee Assistance Programme is a confidential support service, providing practical information, legal advice and professional counselling that can help you cope with a variety of personal, family or workplace issues.
- Easychange is a proven and effective way to change habits and lifestyle providing staff with access to a unique, free, confidential and personalised digital self-help tool.